Sea spaghetti are a great addition to any pasta dish! This recipe will give you an example and hopefully, inspire you to experiment with this nutritious seaweed.
Seaweed used: Sea Spaghetti
Serves 3 - 4
Sea Spaghetti Pasta:
- 300g spaghetti
- 15g dried sea spaghetti
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Handful rocket leaves
- 100g pine nuts
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 70g parmesan cheese, grated
- 125ml olive oil
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
TO PREPARE THE SEA SPAGHETTI PASTA WITH BASIL PESTO
- To prepare the basil pesto, mix the ingredients with a blender until the pesto comes together. It's a good idea to cut the basil leaves into small pieces before doing this. If you don't have pine nuts, you can use pumpkin seeds too. For storing the left-overs of the basil-pesto, use a jar and put some olive oil on top of the pesto.
- Soak the sea spaghetti for 10 minutes to rehydrate and rinse it, discarding any unsightly pieces. After this, simply boil until al dente.
- Add sea salt to a pot of boiling water and cook the spaghetti.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into half.
- Add sea spaghetti, rocket, tomatoes and pesto to the spaghetti and mix well. Garnish with some cheese and basil leaves.
ENJOY AND HAPPY EXPERIMENTING WITH YOUR FAVOURITE PASTA DISHES.