Often people will crave comfort through chocolate, but that can produce an addictive cycle. It’s much better to go for the sweet taste through appropriate grains and root vegetables. After making this, you will wonder why you haven’t cooked with millet more often.
We hope that you'll like this fantastic and super-healthy recipe!
Seaweed used: Flaked Alaria
Recipe serves 2 - 3
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 g millet
- 1 pint miso or vegetable stock
- Big handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
- Very big handful of fresh sage
- Few sprigs of thyme
- Flakes of Alaria
- Pinch of Salt
TO PREPARE THE HERBY MILLET
- Firstly, chop and gently fry the onion, adding the chopped garlic, parsley and millet after 5 minutes. Stir on the heat, making sure all ingredients are coated with oil and beginning to cook.
- Then add the stock, chopped sage, thyme, Alaria flakes and salt.
- Cover the pot, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes, adding more stock or seasoning if needed.
This recipe was kindly provided by Joanne Faulkner. Thanks a mill!
Shiatsu & Conscious Cooking can help you answer many questions as to how we are feeling and the food we choose. To find more recipes or buy the cook book filled with food, meditations, acupressure points and Traditional Chinese Medicine to suit your mood, stop cravings or alleviate painful physical symptoms visit joannefaulkner.org.