This quinoa bowl is great as a main meal and is packed full of organic superfoods.
SEAWEED USED: DULSE
SERVES 1 - 2
- 1 bag organic spinach
- 100g organic red quinoa
- 2 organic sweet potatoes
- 20g organic Dulse
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 tbsp organic mung bean sprouts
- 1 organic low sodium vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- the juice from half an organic lemon
- half a tsp organic sea salt
- half a tsp organic cayenne pepper
HOW TO PREPARE THE RECIPE
- Mix the liquids together then stir in the spices.
- I always soak quinoa for a minimum of 30 minutes (up to 8 hours) before cooking. Why soak quinoa? All grains, nuts and seeds have natural enzyme inhibitors which are removed or depleted by soaking, making the enzymes and nutrients more readily available during digestion. Soaking grains also removes some starch. So on that note soak the quinoa in fresh clean water for a few hours, then rinse and allow to simmer in twice it’s volume of water with the stock cube for 10-12 minutes until it has little tails.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into quarters and steam for 20 – 25 minutes until soft. Peel and cut into cubes.
- Soak the Dulse in fresh clean water for 10 minutes to rehydrate then rinse and drain.
- Wash the spinach leaves and steam for 3 minutes.
- Slice the onion and cut the avocado into cubes.
- Drain the quinoa and mix in the sweet potato, avocado, spinach, dulse and red onion.
- Top with the dressing and sprouts and enjoy!
Time saving tip – the cooked quinoa and sweet potato will both last for about 2 days in the fridge so these can be prepped in advance and used in meals for a few days.
This tasty recipe was kindly scripted and donated by Maria from Life Cleanse.