This tasty salad uses Atlantic Wakame which is mild in flavour compared to other seaweeds. It is considered a superfood because it is high in iodine, magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamins a, b and c, thiamine, myosin, proteins, fibers and more. Studies have shown that eating Wakame can burn off fatty tissue because it contains fucoxanthin.
Recipe serves 2 as a side salad
20g Atlantic Wakame
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of tamari (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon of white rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 deseeded chili finely sliced (optional)
1. Submerge the dried Atlantic Wakame in tap water and soak for about 10 minutes.
2. While the seaweed is soaking, mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until the it is runny.
3. Drain and rinse the Atlantic Wakame in cold water.
4. Remove the, thicker, midrib and finely chop the re-hydrated Atlantic Wakame.
5. Stir and combine the dressing with the chopped Atlantic Wakame and leave to sit for at least 30 minutes, in the fridge, to allow the seaweed to absorb the dressing.
6. To serve, simply place the salad in a bowl and, ideally, consume with chopsticks.